Our service is intended to show you the text messages on your teen's device regardless if they are current/active or deleted. In some cases, we have found that you may only see one side of the conversation. Unfortunately, due to the many different choices your teen can use for SMS messaging, if your teen is not using the default messaging application that comes installed on their device, you will more than likely not be able to see the entire conversation. To check or verify what messaging service the device is set to by default, follow these steps:
- Go to "Settings"
- Click on "More"
- Review the section labeled "Default SMS App". The app that is set as their default messaging app should be listed in grey or black text.
To change this setting back to the app that was originally set by default (normally called “Messaging” app:
- Go back to the "Settings" menu
- Scroll down and click on "Applications" or "Apps"
- Click on "Default Applications". This option may be listed in a separate "Settings" menu which will be near the top of the screen indicated by a pinwheel or "3 line menu".
- Click on "Messaging" app to select (typically a yellow or blue app)
- Click on "MESSAGES" by tapping on it, so that will override Hangouts or any other SMS app