Instructions for Setting Up Your Teen’s Android Device for Monitoring
I. Before You Start
- The location of Security and Accessibility Settings referenced below may be found in slightly different places depending on your device and Android OS version.
- Please allow 30 minutes for the setup process
- You may find it useful to print these instructions for reference
Things You Need:
- Access to your child's Android phone with the phone in-hand
- Your child's Android phone number
II. Preparing Your Teen’s Android Device
The following steps need to be followed closely and completed all the way through to ensure a successful install and to prevent any alerts being sent to the teens device.
On your teen’s Android device, Configure Security Settings to enable TeenSafe Monitoring.
- Go to Settings > Security
Note – depending on your device, these security settings may be located here:
Apps > Settings > Lock screen and security
- Under Unknown Sources make sure "Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store" is checked or enabled.
- A popup message will appear, tap "OK"
NOTE: The next steps of the installation process will adjust some of the Google Security Settings on the back end. These instructions may differ based on the type of device you have.
From the HOME Screen, tap on Apps > Settings > Google > Security > Google Play Protect
- Turn off Scan Device for Security Threats. (Slide to the Left).
- Turn off Improve Harmful App Detection. (Slide to the Left).
NOTE: The next steps of the installation process will adjust the Security Settings on individual apps that may be downloaded on the device. These instructions are only listed as a helpful hint as we do not know all of the security apps that may be downloaded on the device.
From the HOME Screen, tap on
- Settings > Apps or Applications > find app titled "Lookout" (or any other antivirus app that is downloaded > select "Force Stop"
- Storage > "Clear Data"
- click the back button, then select "Disable or Uninstall Updates"
III. Setup Your Teen’s Android Device
- On your computer, you should see a box that allows you to enter your teen's mobile phone number.
**Note: You only need to enter the area code plus the additional 7 digits of the phone number. No dashes or spaces are needed.
- Click Send Text.
- A text message will be sent to your childs Android Device that contains a link to the TeenSafe application.
Once you receive the text message on the teen's device, you will need to click on the link in the text message.Clicking this link will confirm the phone number that is going to be monitored, in our system.
The following message should appear on your computer once the phone number has been confirmed:
After that has completed, click "Install TeenSafe App" on the teens device.
After you tap on the "Install TeenSafe App" on the teens phone, a popup will appear and provide you with a warning that states you are about to visit a site that contains malware. No need to worry! Click on "Details" at the bottom of the webpage.
After clicking "Details", near the bottom of the dialogue box, Select "Visit this Unsafe Site"
Once you have successfully passed the malware messaging, you will see an "Install TeenSafe" message appear on the TeenSafe website. Click "Install TeenSafe App".
After the application has downloaded, you will be able to start the installation of the app. On the Teens Device:
- At the top of the screen, swipe the notifications bar downward.
- Click on "Droid.apk."
- the next window will ask if you want to install TeenSafe. Click "Install".
- once the app finishes downloading, click "Open".
- On your teen’s Android device you will be prompted to enter your email address (the one you used to set up your TeenSafe account). Just below this you will see your child’s Android phone number. Tap Next
**Note: If you click Next and receive an error message that states the registration failed, you need to check that the email address entered is the correct email address used to create the account.
- Next, you will need to Activate the device and allow it to pair to the computer. A separate popup message will appear.
- Locate the setting systemtsc.com and turn it On or Activate
**Note: If your version of Android does not have Google Services, you may be prompted to Install Google Services.
- Turn the device OFF and back ON
- On your computer, navigate to your TeenSafe account homepage
- Click, Start Monitoring.
- If you don’t see new data please logout of TeenSafe and allow 30 to 45 minutes for your child's Android device data to process.
We hope this guide helped you with your installation of TeenSafe Monitor. If you were not able to complete the installation or have any questions or comments, please feel free to email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800)245-8598, Monday thru Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM CST.