1. What is TeenSafe Desktop?
TeenSafe Desktop is a new applet designed to reduce the occurrence of frequent iCloud account lockouts experienced by many parents. It uses your home’s local network to download your child’s Apple iCloud backup data to your computer and then upload it to TeenSafe’s servers.
The TeenSafe Desktop app runs in the background on your Mac or Windows PC and is “called” anytime you log into your www.TeenSafe.com account and click “Get Latest Data” or onboard a new device. If you need help, please contact email@example.com or 1-800-245-8698 and reference the TeenSafe Desktop app.
2. What are the system requirements to run TeenSafe Desktop?
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12, 10.13 High Sierra
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro / Enterprise (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 Update) / Pro / Enterprise (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise TH1 / TH2 / RS1 / RS2 / RS3 (32/64 bit)
- Intel Pentium 1 GHz or faster (or compatible)
- 1 GB (32-bit) / 2 GB (64-bit) available RAM
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8.0 and later
- Microsoft Edge 38.x and later
- Mozilla Firefox version 52.x and later
- Google Chrome versions 45.x – 55.x
- Mozilla Firefox ESR version 52.x and later
- Safari 10.x and later
3. How do I install TeenSafe Desktop?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your TeenSafe account ready to use TeenSafe Desktop as the means of downloading new iCloud data from your child’s device. Once your account is setup, the link to download and install the app will be found in “My Account” once you are logged in to www.TeenSafe.com.
4. How do I use TeenSafe Desktop?
TeenSafe Desktop runs in the background on your home computer. You will access your child’s data on www.TeenSafe.com through a browser. You may also initiate a download of data remotely as long as your home computer is on, awake and connected to the Internet.